Monday, May 30, 2011

I Have My Liberty, Ghanaian gospel

A reader asked me to tell you about his project involving Ghanaian gospel.
And of course, Highlife and Ghanaian Gospel share common roots, so just let me quote from his message:
" I’m writing to share my recently completed project, I Have My Liberty! Gospel Sounds from Accra, Ghana. It's an album of songs, performances, and sounds recorded live from the churches of Ghana’s capital city. Captured in the fall of 2008, these recordings act as a sonic tour through the ubiquitous but under-documented churches of urban Accra."




Here are a few links to the project:
- Listen to the album in its entirety at: ihavemyliberty.bandcamp.com
- Read the I Have My Liberty! blog at: ihavemyliberty.tumblr.com
- Download and share select songs at: soundcloud.com/ihavemyliberty

This brings back memories of my visit to a Ghanaian Highlife mass. Not being religious myself, i can say it was a very impressive event.
P.S. Don't miss my previous May-post!

No comments: